04 April 2006

Slam Idol - poetry podcast

I'm a couple of Slam Idols behind, but I was most upset to hear Simon is thinking of finishing Slam Idol last night. Before Simon had mentioned this, I had been thinking how consistent Slam Idol is:

-Consistent in length, usually about 10 minutes, unless there's an interview
-Consistent in arrival, normally a new one arrives every 2-3 days (and no double-downloads that I seem to get with nearly every other podcast)
-But most importantly, consistent in quality. That is audio quality, poetry quality and most impressively the show structure quality (no waffling)


I know Simon has a day job, Slam Idol must take a large portion of his spare time to produce. If Adam Curry is looking for someone for Podshow UK then he doesn't need to look any further than Slam Idol.

I encourage everyone reading this to subscribe to Slam Idol for free. I'm not usually a poetry fan, but Slam Idol gives me just enough poetry. A bit of culture in my world of engineering, techie stuff and DIY. Stephen Fry is a listener, hell, if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me ... check out the archives for Stephen on Slam Idol.

So many podcasts are based on the IT world, it would be such a shame if we lost a podcast that is trying to be truly different. Do your bit, have a listen and subscribe, then tell someone about it. Simon has even produced some videos on how to subscribe to podcasts, if you're a little scared !!