05 December 2005

Curried Wiki

It's only fair that I point to Adam Curry's response to the Wiki accusations. Essentially, he claims he didn't intend to remove all the stuff he removed and he got frustrated whilst editing and gave up. I guess it lost some of his text, something most of us have experienced when using forms in webpages; this can be very frustrating, which is why I always write in a text editor first (even what I'm typing now) in case the webpage times out or I lose connection or something. I don't really think he should have left it in the state he left it, it would have been better to go back to the previous version. I think Dave Winer raised some interesting points; this scandal proves that Wiki's, whilst useful, should be taken with a pinch of salt - use them for reference, but confirm details elsewhere.