03 November 2006

Do you del.icio.us ?

If you're using del.icio.us please add me to your network ... I'll probably do the same for you.

I don't think I've written about del.icio.us yet.

I love it.

I've been using it for some months now and it's changed the way I think about bookmarks.

I used to have problems with bookmarks on different computers, I'd bookmark at work, then want to use it at home and vice versa.

Another problem I used to have is categorising bookmarks. I had folders, but often bookmarks fit into several different categories, so where should they go? In all of them? Maybe, but that's time consuming.

del.icio.us allow's you do keep all your bookmarks online and you organise them by tagging them. A tag is just a word to help you find it again, and your del.icio.us bookmarks can have multiple tags, as many as you like.

To use a bookmark, you just visit http://del.icio.us/YOURNAMEHERE and look for a tag. Alternatively, you can search your own bookmarks ..... and also everyone's del.icio.us bookmarks.

There are extensions/pluggins available for browsers, so when on a page you can just hit 'Post to del.icio.us'

I can't recommend it enough. If you look through my del.icio.us bookmarks with the tag del.icio.us (visit http://del.icio.us/pwdmarshall/del.icio.us) then you'll see all sorts of tips and tricks for using del.icio.us