15 December 2005

iPodtastic

Well, I've finally done it ... bought an iPod.

My old Creative Lab's 10GB player finally bought it at the weekend when I dropped it. The disk still works, the battery or connections must be damaged; it works when connected to the mains, but not on the battery. I could have tried to get it fixed, but it's probably not worth it and the battery has been a continual problem for about 18 months; I think it will make a good backup drive now.
The iPod is the black 30GB video model and so far I'm very happy with it. It's such a pleasure to use, just superb build quality and design. The video capability is nice to have, but my primary use is in the car. At the moment I'm still using a casette adaptor, but I'm hoping to get something more sophisticated when I get my new car.

Which reminds me, I bought a Golf 1.8 at the weekend for £500, a family friend was selling it and it's bridging the gap until we find a new one (the Golf isn't econominal enough for me)